Scalp Micro Pigmentation – Explore All About Hair Tattooing Technique
Hair loss, hair thinning, and bald spots are some of the unavoidable issues of life. However, these can make you feel social embarrassment and humiliation. Moreover, it can lower your self-esteem and confidence. Are you suffering from major hair fall issues? Looking for the best way to cover your bald spots? Well, using makeup and a wig are some of the temporary ways to hide your scalp. But nothing works best than scalp micro pigmentation—a hair tattooing technique to fill color in bald spots or in thinning areas.
This technique works wonders for people experiencing major hair loss or hair thinning. That’s not all! There is a lot more than that.
In this blog we have mentioned, the meaning, benefits, and risks of scalp micro pigmentation. So, without waiting any further, let’s get started.
An Overview Of Scalp Micro Pigmentation
Just like Microblading is for eyebrows, scalp micro pigmentation is for the scalp. It is one of the most effective cosmetic procedures to fix excessive hair fall or thinning hair. This hair tattooing technique involves the use of thin and small needles to draw tiny dots of pigment (color) on the scalp, giving the appearance of thicker hair.
In this procedure, an electric tattoo device is used to draw the tattoo on your scalp. With scalp micro pigmentation, it is easier to hide the thin or bald spots on your scalp. Not only that. The technique is also beneficial in hiding scars or birthmarks, giving you the illusion of thicker hair.
Who Can Opt For Scalp Micro Pigmentation?
As already mentioned above, scalp micro pigmentation is a hair tattooing technique that creates the illusion of fuller hair.
It can be considered as the treatment in the case of the following conditions listed below.
- People suffering from alopecia areata, an autoimmune condition that causes hair loss
- Chemotherapy-related hair loss
- Women or men struggling with major hair fall issues
- Hormonal conditions like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) resulting in hair loss
- Thinning hair
- Scars or birthmarks on the scalp
- Male and female pattern baldness
However, it is always recommended to consult an experienced and skilled practitioner for scalp micro-pigmentation treatment.
Is Scalp Micro Pigmentation Treatment Painful?
Scalp micro pigmentation is a non-invasive and non-surgical method. During the procedure, you may feel a little discomfort and pain which are temporary. Moreover, before the procedure, a topical numbing cream or lotion is applied to your scalp so that you feel the least pain.
However, people suffering from scalp acne or other skin sensitives must avoid getting treatment as it is difficult to apply pigment to affected areas and you may experience a lot of pain.
Precautions To Consider After Scalp Micro Pigmentation Procedure
To make sure your scalp micro pigmentation delivers desired results, follow the following precautions after the treatment.
- Keep your scalp dry maximum of 4 days
- Make sure to wear a shower cap while taking a bath
- Avoid heavy workouts or exercise for a few days
- Avoid swimming and hot and steamy showers
- Avoid sun exposure
- Avoid extreme sweating
Follow the above-mentioned precautions to make scalp micro-pigmentation last for a longer period of time.
Benefits Of Scalp Micro Pigmentation
Scalp micro pigmentation offers a whole host of benefits. This includes
- Non-invasive and non-surgical technique
- Safe and reliable procedure
- Minimal pain
- Long term usage
- No extra maintenance needed
- Quick procedure
- Fast healing time
- Realistic look
- Look youthful
Risks Of Scalp Micro Pigmentation
Just like most medical treatments, there are risks involved in scalp micro pigmentation also. This includes
- Cosmetic pigments may cause an allergic reaction
- Infection due to unsterilized needles
- Unnatural or undesirable look after the procedure
Some of the ways to avoid risks are listed below.
- Consult a licensed and certified technician having relevant experience and in-depth knowledge about scalp micro-pigmentation
- Make sure to see some of the sample works of practitioner
- In case you have skin allergies, make sure to discuss them with your technician before the procedure
Apart from the above, consult a medical expert in case you experience the symptoms like fever, pus, severe pain, redness, and swelling after scalp micro pigmentation.
Hopefully, you must have gotten a better understanding of the scalp micro pigmentation technique.
Above all, one thing to note is that scalp micro pigmentation doesn’t regrow hair or alter your natural hair growth. Neither it is a hair loss treatment. It just creates the illusion of fuller and thicker hair.
For more such articles, stay connected with us.